JFS Employment Services
Jewish Family Service Employment Services Department assists individuals in finding and maintaining employment. Through job search programs, we empower individuals to seek gainful employment.
- The Career Services program includes job search skills workshops and consultations.
- For individuals with barriers to competitive employment, we provide additional individualized assistance in the MainStreet Opportunities program
- Celebration Company, a supportive and transitional employment program maintains best practices in building employment skills.
- The Employer Services program provides staff solution to help employers have a successful workforce and be socially responsible corporate citizens.
JFS Employment Services provides individual services on either a sliding fee scale or payment through TWC. Employer Services are provided at no charge. Tax-deductible named sponsorships and donations are available to employers.
Support for Job Seekers
- Career Counseling Sessions
- Resume Workshops and Individual Coaching
- Individual Mock Interviews
- LinkedIn and Social Media Workshops
- Local Employment Postings
- Business Introductions
- Referrals for Mental Health Counseling
For more information, or to schedule an Employment Services Intake Meeting, contact Laura Alter at 713 667 9336 or email@example.com.
Support for Hiring Managers and Businesses
- Assistance in filling staffing needs
- Job Postings
- Resume Screenings
- Site Visits to Discuss Hiring Opportunities
- No Fees - Tax-Deductible Donations Gratefully Accepted
The JFS Employment Program was started and is funded with a grant through the Economic Assistance Fund of the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston.
Mary & Burt Kunik are proud underwriters of the JFS Employment Program
The Sam Roosth Foundation is a proud sponsor of the JFS Employment Program
The Albert & Ethel Herzstein Foundation is a proud sponsor of the JFS Employment Program