This class offers 4 Play CE contact hours.
About this Class:
- Learn strategies for adjusting Play Therapy theory and approach to fit the needs of clients
- Learn multi-theoretical approaches to practice through case presentation and discussion of case examples
- Space is limited due to the interactive format which includes didactic, experiential, case examples, and post-test training method
- Prior knowledge of Play Therapy is helpful, but not necessary to participate
- Continuing Education hours apply towards mental health licensure and apply towards acquiring or maintaining Registered Play Therapist credential
- APT Approved Provider of CE # 19-582
By the end of today’s presentations students will be able to explain within a large group discussion setting the following:
- Discuss strategies for integrating play therapy theories and approaches into treatment with intention
- Develop a theoretical orientation and identity through self-reflection and group discussion
- Identify signs that a change of Play Therapy approach or treatment approach may be warranted or necessary
- Plan for how to change theoretical direction with coherent rationale to achieve child treatment goals
Primary Areas (Hours) of Focus Instruction:
- Play Therapy History: 0
- Play Therapy Theory: 2
- Play Skills & Methods: 2
- Special Topics: 0
- TOTAL: 4 hours
Participants will be given a post-test that must be completed prior to receipt of continuing education certificate.
Terms & Conditions:
- Registration refunds will NOT be made to parties who register but do not attend or do not contact the organizer 24 hours in advance.
- Participants requiring accommodations must submit a medical professional’s note specifying the required accommodations to PlayTherapyTraining@jfshouston.org at least 7 days prior to any training for which they have registered.
- JFS reserves the right to cancel any of these training in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If such a cancellation occurs, JFS will attempt to notify registrants and refund all registration fees.
- This training will be offered via synchronous Zoom meeting and intends to adhere to all APT requirements to count as contact hours under special provisions related to COVID-19.
For questions regarding the credentialing process please refer to the APT Credentialing Standards for the Registered Play Therapist by the Association for Play Therapy. Please check the website regularly for updates to the credentialing requirements and process.