This event offers 8 contact hours of Play Therapy specific continuing education about Family and Group Play Therapy!
About this Event
- Learn the theory grounding Family Play Therapy interventions including Filial Therapy, Child-Parent Relationship Therapy, and Family Play Therapy
- Learn Family and Group Play Therapy activities and interventions for a wide range of chronological and developmental levels
- Gain practice and role-play applying skills and interventions with families and groups
- Space is limited due to the interactive format which includes didactic, experiential, case examples, and post-test training methods
- Prior knowledge of Play Therapy is helpful, but not necessary to participate.
- Continuing Education hours apply towards mental health licensure and apply towards acquiring or maintaining Registered Play Therapist credential.
- APT Approved Provider of CE # 19-582
By the end of today's presentations, students will be able to explain within a large group discussion setting the following:
- Recite the core theoretical concepts of Filial Play Therapy and of Group Therapy and how they may be applied to working with young children
- Describe how Play Therapists use the therapeutic powers of play to engage children in Filial Play and group therapy sessions
- Assess when a Filial Play Therapy and/or Group Play Therapy may be an effective intervention for treatment
- Demonstrate skills for facilitating play therapy groups
- Design treatment that empowers parents to utilize Play Therapy skills to improve family functioning and attachment
Terms & Conditions
- Registration refunds will NOT be made to parties who register but do not attend or do not contact the organizer 24 hours in advance.
- Participants requiring accommodations must submit a medical professional’s note specifying the required accommodations to PlayTherapyTraining@jfshouston.org at least 7 days prior to any training for which they have registered.
- JFS reserves the right to cancel any of these training in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If such a cancellation occurs, JFS will attempt to notify registrants and refund all registration fees.
- This training will be offered via synchronous Zoom meeting and intends to adhere to all APT requirements to count as contact hours under special provisions related to COVID-19.
For questions regarding the credentialing process please refer to the APT Credentialing Standards for the Registered Play Therapist by the Association for Play Therapy. Please check the website regularly for updates to the credentialing requirements and process.