Post-MSW fellowship in the 2019-2021 academic year
Applications are due Friday, March 29th, 2019
The 2-year fellowship places a high priority on developing practitioners with a strong foundation in theory; a capacity to be reflective regarding their own values; and a capacity to assess the strengths and limitations of theoretical frameworks in the treatment process.
Fellowship occurs through real life clinical opportunities and intensive supervision. Fellows also focus on careful and thorough diagnosis and a compassionate, person-centered, community-centered approach to working with clients at Jewish Family Service.
The fellowship is available in the Jewish Family Service Counseling Department and Psychiatry Department.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Work directly with clients and their families
- Conduct intake screening for both counseling department and psychiatry department
- Complete diagnostic evaluation using DSM-V and ICD-10
- Provide therapy for individuals, couples, families, and groups psychotherapy
- Integrate diagnostic formulations into therapy and individualized treatment planning
- Participate in research and outcome measures related to clinical interventions
- Provide community support when it is needed (flexible hours)
- Conduct advanced case management
- Participate in clinical supervision weekly (group and individual)
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Attend continuing education events (i.e. grandrounds, trauma case consultation)
Fellow is expected to be in the office 40 hours a week and have minimally 20 hours a week direct contact with clients providing clinical services, in addition to other clinical duties.
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW, MSSW) from a graduate college or school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Concentration in clinical social work; specific background working with individuals, families or groups is helpful, as is familiarity with the DSM-V and ICD-10
- LMSW or LCSW from the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners (TSBSWE) before beginning the fellowship
- Stipend of $35,000
- Health insurance, paid time off and sick leave
- Jewish Holidays
- Clinical supervision ($7,500 per year)
Please complete the application by submitting the following in one email including all documentations to Dr. Ada Cheung at email@example.com with the email heading of “JFS Post-MSW Fellowship Application” by Friday March 29th, 2019.
- A letter of introduction that discusses relevant experience and how the fellowship relates to your career goals.
- A copy of your diploma OR a letter verifying anticipated completion of your master’s degree in Social Work from the department dean.
- All graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be from internship supervisor of direct practice work)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Final candidates will be asked to interview at Jewish Family Service with a group of clinical supervisors and current social work staff and fellows.
For more information, email Dr. Ada Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-986-7832.