Life events and life cycle changes can bring about stressful times. Jewish Family Service offers individual and group counseling services for those seeking tools to manage life's challenges and transitions. Sometimes it helps just to have someone to talk with. All consultation is strictly confidential. Fees are based on ability to pay and no one is turned away.
Life Challenges and Transitions may include:
- Becoming a couple
- Caring for aging parents
- Leaving a job
- Becoming a parent
- Going through a divorce
- Relocating to a new area
- Mourning a loved one
- Being depressed for long periods of time
- Feelings of anxiety
The first step is to ask for help. If you or someone you love is experiencing difficulty with life challenges, call the JFS office to set up an appointment with one of our mental health professionals.
Jewish Family Service's licensed social workers and psychiatric residents provide many services that can help restore balance. These include:
- Crisis Intervention: finding short term solutions while working toward long term problem-solving techniques
- Skill Building: improving communication, parenting and relationship skills
- Psychiatric Services: assessment and psychotherapy as well as medication management for ongoing JFS clients
- Information and Referral: connection to other community and professional resources that can supplement counseling and/or offer support
- Group Therapy: opportunities to share problems, ideas and solutions with others struggling with similar challenges
For More Information:
For an appointment call:
For additional information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at (713) 986-7832.