As people age, it is important for them to maintain their independence as much as possible.
Jewish Family Service offers services and solutions to help seniors and their families work toward this goal.
Immediate And Long-Term Help
To help during a crisis or for long-term planning, JFS staff conducts a thorough assessment of seniors and their available resources. A report, with recommendations, will be provided.
Follow-up services might include:
- Case management
- General information and referral
- Home visits for ongoing assessment and /or counseling
- Facilitation of family meetings with seniors and their adult children
- Recommendations about housing options
- Referrals for home health providers
- Provide advocacy and liaison services to other organizations
Special Programs For Seniors
JFS offers several programs that assist seniors:
- Jewish Senior Assessment Service:
Offers a comprehensive psychosocial and physical health assessment
- Work with Holocaust Survivors and Their Families:
Counseling and/or assistance applying for financial reparations
- Kosher Meals on Wheels:
In-home assessment to establish eligibility for the Meals on Wheels Program
- Community programs for active aging
Includes informative workshops on active aging made possible by the Toomim Foundation.
For More Information:
Please call Senior Adult Services Intake at (713) 667-9336.