The Board of Jewish Family Service began a FRIENDS Campaign in an effort to broaden the circle of unrestricted support of the agency. The needs of the Jewish community were growing at a faster rate than the funding agencies and foundations could support. The board realized then that JFS could benefit from the support of new unrestricted dollars.
What began as a small group of supporters providing modest support has turned into a major component of annual help. In the first year of the FRIENDS Campaign, just over 100 FRIENDS stepped forward to help.
Today, JFS FRIENDS provide over $100,000 of annual unrestricted assistance to the agency. JFS FRIENDS are a select group of people who want to be sure that JFS has the resources to respond to the ever changing needs of its clients.
JFS stretches every gift as far as possible to reach individuals, couples, families, children and seniors who are struggling and in need of help.
Please become a JFS FRIEND today.
- Four months of medication for a senior
- An interest free loan for advanced education for a Jewish student
- Three months of therapy for couples with marital challenges
- In-home counseling for a senior adult.
- Emergency Passover food assistance for 18 individuals
- Four job search assistance workshops
- Therapist's consultation with teachers for children at Jewish day schools or camps
- One week of chaplaincy services at local hospitals
- Homemaker services for a homebound senior
- Emergency payment of one utility bill for a client who is between jobs
- Referral services for adult children seeking living facilities for their parents
- Educational program for Project Shalom, adults with chronic mental illness
FRIENDS are encouraged to consider a donation of $136 or more, but all donations are helpful.
For More Information:
Please contact Tiffany Dorsey, at 713-986-7811 or via email at email@example.com.